Tuesday 22 October 2013

Read My Lips

Name:  Read My Lips


Brand:  David's Tea


Primary Type:  Black


Dry Scent:  Strongly minty scent dry, but you can also smell the rich chocolate and sweetness, all underlaid by the earthy, slightly musty scent of the black tea.


Steeping Time:  4-5 min (I always steep mints with a shorter steep, I've found this mitigates their tendency to get bitter and also makes them less likely to make me sick)


Steeped Flavour:  There is definitely mint here, and chocolate, but luckily for me there's enough sweetness that the mint doesn't take on that particular musky flavour that gives me instant headaches.  The chocolate is also front and center when drinking this, and overall it is very tasty, and actually drinkable for me (in small doses)


Food/Drink Pairings:  This goes really nicely with a chocolate or two on the side, or even dipped into the tea to up the "chocolate factor" of it.  A nice dessert tea, especially if you like mint.  I don't reccommend trying to ice it though, since the chocolate in the tea can get a bit scummy as it cools.


Rating out of Six Tails:
4.5/6


Buy/Don't Buy


If I didn't have an issue with mint I would definitely rate this tea higher.  If mint is your thing, then definitely go for this, it's absolutely beautiful!  Even for a mint hater like me XD

No comments:

Post a Comment